Sinus Infection Treatment
Sinus infection treatment is very important for you to follow through on. The tricky thing with a sinus infection is that the bacteria or virus can hide in your sinus passages and start a whole new round of infection if it is not eliminated completely.
At the Dova Center in Louisville, Colorado, we have a number of effective ways that we treat sinus infections. We primarily use herbal medicine, Chinese herbs and medicine, acupuncture, and supplements. Our treatments focus on eliminating inflammation, opening your sinus passages, get rid of excess phlegm, eliminate pain,
Home Self Care for Sinus Infection
- sinus wash and rinses – do them at least one time each day during a sinus infection
- gentle massage of the sides of your nose to increase circulation and to help the mucus move out
- warm compress along sinuses and cheeks
- yoga breathing where you alternate breathing in and out of each nostril
Sinus Infection Symptoms
- sticky nasal discharge that is yellow or green
- stuffy nose or congested
- pain in for forehead, a pressure in your eyes, cheeks, sinuses that worsens when bending over
- skin pain
- neck pain
- throbbing face pain
- a headache
- sinus pressure
- burning sinuses
- nasal obstruction that prevents smooth breathing and inhalations
Sinus Infection Causes
- post common cold that hasn’t been completely cleared up
- deviated septum
- nasal polyps
- growth in your nasal passage
- inflammation and mucus buildup
Sinus Infection Vs Cold
Colds do not last as long as a sinus infection. Also, with a cold you don’t have a fever. A low grade fever is a common symptom of a sinus infection.
Is Your Sinus Infection Contagious?
If your sinus infection is caused by a virus, then, you are contagious. You can be contagious for as long as a week. And, you can be contagious before you even show signs or symptoms of you sinus infection. If your sinus infection was caused by a bacteria, then, you are not contagious.
Have a sinus infection? We understand that sometimes you can be short on time and energy. If you cannot make an acupuncture appointment, feel free to call the Dova Center and schedule a phone herbal consultation. We will ask you specific questions and recommend herbs that you can pick up the same day. Call now to get sinus infection relief: 303-955-7226.